If you’re still able to bear the 24/7 tangled mess we have come to call the news, you may have heard this past week, through your biased right or left filter of choice, that President Trump stormed out 3 minutes after the start of a meeting that was supposed to be a discussion on how to get an infrastructure repair program on place with congressional democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schummer. Instead Trump lost his cool and used the 3 minutes as a threat threat to withhold Presidential bipartisan participation in any infrastructure plans unless all investigations ceased.
Afterwards Trump went so far as to single out a bunch of his staff on the spot, terrified of getting fired, and “ask” them to vouch on camera the Trumpster was totally zen about the 3 minute ultimatum.
— “Oh come on, Donnie. Honest to, Christ. Don’t make me come down there! From Fred Trump rolling over in his grave.
Now, if the behavior of our “nutjob”politics, on both sides of the isle, has you stressed; chill and welcome. Full disclosure: I am far from a professional shrink, just a guy who did a lot of work on himself in the 90s overcoming a rough childhood and who took a lot of psych courses at Northwestern to help me begin to sort things out. Like the blog title says, I am a planetary meditator; one whose meditations have taken me all the way to pure energy fields of Antarctica to set 24 intentions for a brighter tomorrow.
Look, I know things don’t so look cool from 2012 to now, but my spirit guide Ohom (Open Heart Open Mind) assures me that after we get through this super rough patch, the coolest ever times are coming.
If you are fan of this blog you know I am no fan of Donald J. Trump, especially in particular in his current mental state. I detest how he operates from the negative rather than positive. Meditation 1 in Antarctica was to help shift human consciousness from fear based to love based.
Sadly Nancy and Chuck, speaking for the Dems, though more coherent and persuasive at times, are no more productive than Trump by choosing confrontation over cooperation. It’s beyond frustration the likely nominee, front runner Joe Biden, offers the same old same old. Dems are missing their chance to win an agenda for the real hope and change like Bernie represents.
But let’s focus on one political fiasco at a time. Trump is expressing himself as a virulent representation of the paradigm of fear and machismo we need to free ourselves from. For a number of painful years now, I’ve meditated on ways to search for ways for Trump to make the shift as there is great potential for someone like him so outside the conventional way of operating. That is a big IF, if he can reach enlightenment or at least start on the path to such.
To help my meditations I relate to trump in two key ways:
1. We’ve both built skyscrapers and know how to fight in the trenches with architects, banks and contractors to get big stuff done. Most exciting this was building Oprah’s Chicago Harpo studios in 1991 while I also built a $162 million skyscraper. It’s very shitty world when the banks turn on you, I imagine even when you have a rich daddy. I never had a silver spoon born in my mouth. So when the same financial tsunami that wiped me and then biggest real estate firm in Chicago out I lost it all, including my family life.
2. We’ve both suffered greatly from the bad tutoring of abusive fathers.
The difference is my father’s abuse propelled me into counseling to break free of my father’s dark legacy. Trump likely just got an ass chewing from his rich daddy. On the other hand my dad, former US Army drill sergeant seemed happy I had lost it all and loaned my $2000 to get back on my feet when my ex swept the floor with me in the divorce. A sad end to a marriage of two college sweethearts. Needed therapy for that too. No wonder I want to see Trump healthy and healed for the good of this country and the world it currently leads. In support of this dream, I even went so far as to travel to DC with my love Elizabeth for Trump’s inauguration; where we each set those healing intentions into the planet’s shared consciousness, what I call God, to heal Trump and for his to be a great presidency. Yeah, I know. Tall order.
Indeed, sadly, before we even left DC to return to Sedona, Trump green-lit the NDAPL without even a mention of the Lakota people who land he was authorizing trespass upon.
Testing the diagnosis from many experts, that Trump became an unprecedented narcissist at the hands of an abusive father, I did the following quick match of news stories on Goggle with these symptoms of classic narcissism from an article on the topic by the Mayo Clinic that people with the disorder can:
- Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance – https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/05/07/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html
- Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration – https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/donald-trump-barack-obama-inauguration-crowd-size/index.html
- Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it – https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/09/04/trump-nobodys-ever-done-a-better-job-than-im-doing-as-president/?utm_term=.c40f5025056a
- Exaggerate achievements and talents – https://www.businessinsider.com/charts-prove-trumps-statements-about-economy-are-false-2018-7
- Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate – In this case, for his mate in the White House, it’s better to look how he heaps praise on his daughter Ivanka than Melania. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-ivanka-trump-creepiest-most-unsettling-comments-a-roundup-a7353876.html
- Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people – https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/05/us/politics/tiger-woods-trump-medal-of-freedom.html
- Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior – https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/05/trump-pelosi-meeting-extremely-calm/
- Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations – https://people.com/politics/trump-golf-outings-cost-taxpayers-100m-some-money-goes-his-businesses/
- Take advantage of others to get what they want – https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/president-trump-throws-cohen-under-the-bus-for-campaign-finance-violations-he-is-supposed-to-know-the-law/
- Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others – https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/thousands-more-migrant-kids-separated-parents-under-trump-previously-reported-n959791
- Be envious of others and believe others envy them – https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-44501274/trump-kidding-about-envy-of-kim-jong-un-s-rule
- Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious – https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/25/politics/trump-pushes-prime-minister-nato-summit/index.html
- Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office – https://www.travelchannel.com/videos/trump-towers-5-star-bathroom-0175781
The Mayo Clinic’s website says talk therapy (AKA psychotherapy) is the best treatment for a narcissist. An old James Coburn flick THE PRESIDENT’S ANALYST, famed for the attack J. Edgar humorous take that needs a real-life remake.
NARCISSIST IN THE OVAL OFFICE?
So on earth did we end up with what truly seems to be a Narcissist in Chief? Well, narcissists are charming as hell when you’re on their good side. Watch Trump supporters at rallies. Their Christian upbringing pre-conditioned them to believe Trump’s so-called wealth means higher IQ. Trump takes advantage of the good old Christian work ethic that equates wealth with God’s favor.
Watch as the Trump supporter behind him on stage bask in the praise the mighty Trump heaps on these humble mortals on camera to the world. Watch their hopeful faces for slight, or not so slight, pokerface tells as he lies compulsively to them, feeding on their adoration.
My case about Trump supporters fealty is made in reverse when you in this video a free thinker accidentally is quickly removed from the stage.
Sadly, I know narcissists all too well because I had a millionaire Chicago client who might have been one. Narcissists know how to lull you into a false sense of security that opens up to them like a flower that is seeded with with passionate compliments and big promises. But when a narcissist turns against you the vicious need for them to make themselves bigger at the expense of your reputation undoes any and all the love they showered on you. Their “love” is only ever a way to buy your fealty. I only escaped with my sanity from my Chicago Trump by quitting my narcissist client’s account Rex Tillerson style. And, as with Trump, I was not the only person to walk away from lucrative work.
ADVICE FOR NANCY ON WORKING WITH TRUMP
Pelosi and Schummer, on the other hand, don’t have the option of quitting. What Pelosi especially must do is stop picking fights with Trump and then running like cry babies to the media. Hello. Poke a tiger and it will bite. Non news there.
Narcissistic rage must be diplomatically avoided when dealing with person with so much power and so little genuine self-esteem as a Trump. Nancy must change how she’s dealing with Trump. Why? Post meeting shaming of Trump and publicly humiliating him will backfire in some way as narcissist seek revenge for their slights. Who knows Nancy mismanaging her Trump dealing may send him off in rage to start a WW3 just to prove his power. (Update: Three weeks later that’s happening now in Iraq.)
No knock. It’s a stone cold fact of nature that Trump’s an old man. One on a very bad diet. He weighs more like 270 than his fake physical’s 239 to my eye. So what’s he care if he blows up the world in a fit of narcissistic rage? After all, that just brings the Rapture via WW3 for he and his evangelicals who want to overturn Roe v Wade so bad they’ve accepted a porn star president.
Please, Nancy, if anyone can ever get this blog to you, understand that Trump’s untreated dis-ease means he only respects strength meted out with superb diplomacy and civility. Backbiting, even if you think Trump deserves it, is not strength. Fact is narcissists love it when the can see they’re getting your goat.
Dems young, and mostly old, must face the harsh reality that they probably are dealing with a high-functioning narcissist and seek creative ways work with Trump accordingly. Nancy should make a FOX & FRIENDS appearance and surprise the world and Trump, by not praising him but not knocking him. Be cool. I mean, if Russia, Korea, Hungary and Japan can be diplomatic with Trump so can the Dem’s Nancy. That is if she can overcome her own narcissistic tendencies.
WHAT CAN WE THE PEOPLE DO ABOUT TRUMP’S ILLNESS… AND OUR OWN?
Get to healing Trump, remote healers! Let’s all meditate that Trump is cured of his painfully obvious narcissism and as a result we the people are cured of ours. Yep. You heard me, my self-absorbed fellow American. Narcissism is the source of the sickness at the core of all our planet’s ills. We live in a 21st century culture of “likes” and “shares”. We are hopelessly selfie-obsessed; showing off out success our narcissistic mirror called cell hones and PCs.
We’re so wrapped up in our own lives we forget our fellow men and women. As for the planet? Don’t get me started. It’s a flat out me culture and that’s gone narcissistic as f*ck.
Let’s test out my theory that we in the modern world are all lost in our own little electronic mirrors. Let’s take the same test of narcissism we used for Trump’s behavior and apply them to humanity as a whole:
- Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance – https://www.verywellmind.com/an-overview-of-the-dunning-kruger-effect-4160740
- Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration – https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/mar/02/narcissism-epidemic-self-obsession-attention-seeking-oversharing
- Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it – http://www.myvuenews.com/with-superheroes-comes-the-pressure-of-unrealistic-male-bodies/
- Exaggerate achievements and talents – https://www.axios.com/everything-happened-college-admission-scandal-51e66764-23b2-4539-ba05-d55740939c46.html
- Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate – https://www.mirror-mirror.org/body-image-in-the-media.htm
- Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people – https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/17/wealth-therapy-tackles-woes-of-the-rich-its-really-isolating-to-have-lots-of-money
- Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior – https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2019/02/harvard-forum-examines-rising-struggles-over-racism/
- Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations – https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/personality-disorders/the-psychology-behind-sense-of-entitlement/
- Take advantage of others to get what they want – https://www.aarp.org/home-family/friends-family/info-2016/millennials-boomers-reaching-adulthood.html
- Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others – https://www.theodysseyonline.com/children-losing-social-skills
- Be envious of others and believe others envy them – https://daily.jstor.org/what-to-do-when-social-media-inspires-envy/
- Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious – https://www.npr.org/2019/01/09/683177489/virginia-study-finds-increased-school-bullying-in-areas-that-voted-for-trump
- Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office – https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/joy-and-pain/201403/envious-reactions-great-wealth
Phew. That all checked far too easily. It’s clear as day to see how as a society we are all to one degree already or in the process of becoming narcissists; sitting at our PCs while the homeless starve, forests cleared, the oceans tainted with our garbage and millions of species are dying.
As I mentioned earlier, even though he makes often me nuts, I have a lot sympathy for Trump because I suffered under an abusive dad too. One much like Fred Trump minus the wealth. So I am down with Peolsi’s request we pray for Trump. Even though quantum intentional meditation is more my thing, here goes:
MY PRAYER FOR DONALD TRUMP AND THE REST OF US
“Donald J. Trump, may you find your way through the impossible thorns of old hurts from a poor example of a father who never loved you just for who you are and praised you only for helping him cheat on his taxes. May you seek professional counseling and learn to love yourself before you bow up the world out of untreated rage. May you succeed in therapy and learn to turn off the ego-fire that consumes your soul like so many cheeseburgers. May you extinguish the inner fires of self-hate that consume your immortal soul, you amazing abused child of a sick man. And may you, as, not just America’s, but the earth’s King of Narcissists — if may be so bold to call you so based on my test above and spirit’s advice — throw down your phony crown and become the leader of your own dreams. Please lead this planet from all narcissism before we spread it into the universe that we colonize with your Space Force. Amen.”
BIG SPECIAL THANKS
I want to take a minute of your time to thank my love Elizabeth England for supporting my mission as an equal partner. According to a world-renowned psychic and best-selling author having her as my mate is my reward for work of the 2012 Antarctica Meditations, the Coolest Meditation Ever.
Besides setting up our new mecca of all things cool at our new website CoolestTechEver.com and standing shoulder to shoulder with me to build a life in Sedona together, she has at the same time been doing decades worth of unraveling of my old negative stories. What a woman! Mermaid queen of the Ocean-Nation I am forever in love and grateful for my ET angels and earth angels that she is in my life in such a beautiful way, my dearest Elizabeth.
FINAL MEDITATION INSTRUCTIONS
Well, I — hopefully eloquently — digress. In closing, you are more powerful than you can ever know. As impossible as it seems to heal Donald J Trump, if enough of us focus on it we can help him find his way and in the process awaken a true champion. Or at least keep his finger off the nuclear football.
So please meditate on lowering the strangle hold this modern day plague called Narcissism has on not only Donald Trump, but all upon we members the earth’s so-called advanced cultures.
Oh. One more thing. Do something radically kind today.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend. Please visit our new E-commerce website CoolestTechEver.com. Elizabeth has designed it to be total blast to just surf and learn from. And if you have some coin we are running lots of bargains that are not about status but helping you reach higher levels of awareness.
Ken Sheetz and Ohom
PS CoolestMeditationEver.com is being reengineered and is temporarily forward to CTE. Hoping to have that up and running this summer.